You can emulate network connectivity via DevTools with various connection presets such as WiFi or 4G. But now (in Canary) you can create your own throttling profiles. To do this:
- Go to Settings > Throttling.
- Select 'Add a custom profile'.
- Enter a profile name, throughput & latency.
- You can apply your new throttling profile via Device Mode or directly in the Network Panel.
- Network throttling artificially limits the maximum download throughput (rate of data transfer).
- Latency manipulation enforces a minimum delay in connection (RTT).