Chrome DevTools: Capture full sized screenshots without a browser extensionLast updated: 6th November 2020
Using DevTools, you can take full page screenshots, or even a screeshot of a specific element.
How to use this feature
- Type in
screenshotinto the Command Menu (shortcut: Cmd + Shift + P)
- Select Capture full size screenshot. This captures the entire page, including what is outside of the visible viewport.
That's it! Your screenshot is captured.
There are additional screenshot options:
- Capture node screenshot - Captures a screenshot of the inspected element.
- Capture screenshot - Captures a screenshot of the visible viewport.
- Capture area screenshot - Lets you drag an arbitary region of the page the capture.
The Capture screenshot option will download an image of your website based on what is in the visible viewport.
- You can trigger device mode, and for example emulate an iPhone. The screenshot you capture matches the exact device dimensions of the iPhone and includes the iPhone design.
- You can also take a screenshot of an element in isolation.